This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website. Disclosure: I’m a proud Oriental Trading Blogger, and I received free products to faciliate today’s post. The opinions are my own.
Valentines day is just around the corner… or as I like to call it “Singles Awareness Day” or SAD for short. Because this year especially, it gets sad around these parts. But thankfully… a wonderful woman named Leslie Knope has given me something else to celebrate! Let me introduce you to Galentines Day.
“Oh it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
Basically it’s like Valentines Day, but instead of getting smoochy with your significant other, you’re spending it being awesome with your favorite gal pals. Get with it! The inspiration for today’s 3 Ingredient Strawberry Candy Bark? Well, I love the taste of strawberry and milk chocolate together and well, when I’m sad I’m eating chocolate. So this more of a selfish project, but who doesn’t want to eat chocolate for breakfast when they’re sad or celebrating? Win Win guys! I’m also giving these away as party favors for our Galentines day party this year!
For my Galentines Day Party, I teamed up with Oriental Trading to help you guys with all of your party planning needs. If you’re in need of some cool boxes, craft items, or valentines for the kids Oriental Trading has your back with their Valentines Shop! Stay tuned for the full party reveal soon!
Strawberry Candy Bark
Cost: $10 or less
Time: 30 min
Skill Level: Ridiculously easy
What you’ll need:
Milk Chocolate candy melts (at least 12 oz)
Freeze dried strawberries
Gallon size plastic bag
Mallet or rolling pin
Microwave safe glass bowl
For the boxes:
These guys are super simple but have such a great impact! Simply place the self adhesive heart stickers onto the red candy buckets and you’re good to go. Fill the bottom with wrapped candy, tissue paper, mini-spa kits, shower soothers, etc. and top with the Strawberry Candy Bark for a delightful treat! (hint: use a tissue paper barrier to prevent chocolate from getting in random places in the box)
For the strawberry candy bark:
1. To create the bark, start by placing the unwrapped strawberry hard candies into a plastic bag. You know, the kind your bank or Grandma always has out? yep. Those. Sandwich the bag between some dish towels and get to crackin’ with your mallet or rolling pin. Literally. Just bang on those suckers. Once you have them smashed down to teeny tiny pieces, set aside.
2. Prep your baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
3. Melt your chocolate. Place chocolate melts in the microwave safe glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If your chocolate isn’t melted, continue to microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring between until chocolate is all melted and smooth.
4. Pour the chocolate out onto the prepped baking sheet and spread evenly with the spatula.
5. Top with freeze dried strawberries (to give it the illusion of health) and strawberry candy pieces.
6. Bang it on the counter a few times to set the mix-ins and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
7. Remove and break into pieces.
** I received product from Oriental Trading in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own. **