Hello friends! Welcome to Do It Your Freaking Self where we’re going to make cute things and embrace our inner dorks…together!
Hi! Hey! Hello! I’m Chelsea Iacopelli. Chels to close friends. Chels-o to a little girl I babysit for. Miss Chelsea to a very large percentage of the population under the age of 4. Lover of Harry Potter, Disneyland, YA fiction (but only the good kind), cupcakes, old school pop punk, Brian Fallon, Butch Walker, and sci-fi action movies.
Okay, Let me clarify. I sometimes refer to myself as a “Jill of all trades” Master of… none. I think. Anyhoo. Here are 10 things that you should maybe know about me.
1. I am the proud cat mom to a spazzy kitty named Grampa. Email me for the full story if you want it. Just know that I love her a ridiculous amount and she is only cuddly when it suits her.
2. My Meemaw taught me how to craft and cook and this blog is a love letter to her in a way. She also taught me how to curse against my parent’s wishes.
3. Disneyland is my happy place.
4. I grew up in Memphis, TN. Lived in Buckinghamshire, UK for 6 months in college. Moved to Nashville for 3 years (before the gentrification) and then moved to Los Angeles. Yep. I currently live in LA.
5. I have a degree in Music Industry that I am currently not using. Did I actually use it at some point? Yes.
6. My mom is pretty much my best friend. And my She-ro. I have no clue what I would do without her and I tell her that every day when I time my call perfectly to catch her on the way to her work.
7. I was in the color guard for two years in high school. I kicked butt at spinning (not twirling. never twirling) that flag. Check out my mad skills! Yes… that video is from like 15+ years ago.
8. When I was in second grade I broke my right wrist rollerblading down a hill because I wanted to be like the big kids. I had to learn to write left handed while my arm was in a cast. My E’s were upside down for a while.
9. Lilo and stitch are both my spirit animals. Seriously though, you can’t have one without the other.
10. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…. here are a few of my favorite things…
Favorite Ride at Disneyland: Haunted mansion with Indiana Jones a close second. But only if I get to sit in the drivers seat
Favorite Wine: Cupcake Vinyards Moscato D’Asti and Hey Soul Sister Pinot Noir
Favorite Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Cookie or Chocolate and Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Marvel or DC? Marvel… but if we’re talking comics, I’ve only ever read Watchmen so I can’t comment on that
Favorite Super Hero: Um….. I have no clue.
Favorite Craft Supply: Hot glue gun and Cricut Explore Air 2
Favorite Starbucks Drink: Grande Vanilla Latte (I’m easy. I tried the Unicorn frap and ew. Just ew.)
And this concludes the dating profile portion of this About Chelsea Iacopelli section. I hope it has been insightful.
Basically what I hope you get from Do It Your Freaking Self is that YOU have to be authentically YOU.