This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. That means that the price for you stays the same but I make a few pennies to keep the lights on and feed the cat.
Do you ever just walk into lush and look at all those delicious bath bombs and fizzles, dreaming of yourself luxuriating in a bath full of bubbles and luscious scents? Yep, me too. Then I realize that I don’t really have a bathtub and I get a little sad. Nope, I’m not paying that much money for a bath bomb when I don’t even have a bath.
But I still want a fancy shower with aroma therapy and all that fancy stuff. So what is a girl to do?
Enter these amazing shower soothers. Just chuck one onto the shower floor before you take your shower behold the magic. I just made some that smell like morning and holy cheeseballs! They are an amazing way to wake up.
OH! And aside from the cost of the essential oil, these guys will cost you less than $2 for a whole batch. Yep. Beat that Lush! Fancy Shower time… ON A BUDGET!
Okay, so I should probably stop extolling how lovely these make me feel and tell you how to make them huh?
Essential Oil Shower Soothers
What you need:
- 1c Corn Starch
- 1/4c Water
- 30 drops Essential Oil – I used Sweet Orange from Eden’s Garden on Amazon
- Food coloring (optional)
- Rubber gloves (optional)
1. Dump your corn starch, essential oil and food coloring into a mixing bowl
2. Use your hands to start mixing everything up . Add water a little bit at a time. You might use more, you might use less. Keep mixing with your hands until you get a crumbly texture that will form clumps when squeezed in your hand.
- If you pick it up and squish it in your hand, it should form solid clumps.
- If it gets too pasty – like ooblek – it won’t hold its shape, which is not good for giving these as gifts.
3. Squish your mixture into some mini-ice cube or silicone trays and freeze for about an hour.
4. Now go take a shower with your new melts. You may not have a bath tub, but at least you still get to feel fancy!
These make really great last minute gifts for you mom or your girlfriends, and they’ll actually USE them!