- A Mason Jar with lid – I got mine at Target 2 for $3
- Rubbing Alcohol and paper towels
- Chalk paint
- Contact paper
- White paint pen
- Paint brush
- Hammer and a nail
1. Clean your mason jar with rubbing alcohol and paper towels. You want a clean surface to start with.
2. Trace or draw a heart on contact paper with your sharpie
3. Now take your handy dandy scissors and cut that sucker out.
4. Stick your heart on the jar. We’re going to use it to create negative space.
5. Ready, set, PAINT!
While you’re waiting for it to dry (and not letting your cat eat it or leave prints… just me? moving on) you can work on the lid.
6. Trace whatever shape you like on the lid. You’re going to use the hammer and nail to punch holes in it to make your shape so KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
7. Yep, use the hammer and nail to punch holes along your shape about 1/2 centimeter apart.
8. Use the rubbing alcohol to get the outline off of your lid and voila! You made a punch lid with the best of them.
9. Now that your jar should be dry, peel the contact paper heart off and admire your handiwork.
10. Take the paint pen and make polkadots and notes, or whatever to your hearts content. I just went for a dotted line around the window.
11. Fill the jar with your worksheet strips and/or a votive candle and give it to your sweet heart. Or keep it yourself, because like me, you are single and deserve to give yourself something nice.