St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and it’s time to make some crafts… well past time actually. I’ve been obsessed with Splatter Painting recently. You never really know how its going to turn out except for the colors you use so I’ve been using the method to make some unique cards for birthdays and holidays.
I’ve also been getting the kiddos involved to help them be creative AND get their energy out as well as make some festive art! The best part is that you can make these with things found around the house or for super cheap!
Funny story about this particular project, the last time I did this I couldn’t find my marbles anywhere. I had literally lost my marbles! Anyway, the only round things in my house that were small enough were my roommate’s Beer Pong balls. So I made sure to wash those suckers off well and thats what got used.
No Mess Splatter Painting Shamrocks
What you need:
Deco Art Dazzling Metalics Gold Acrylic Paint
Folk Art Acrylic Paint – Classic Green
Marbles, Ping Pong Balls, random things from around the house
Small cardboard box (that you can close or with a lid)
- Tape your paper down on the bottom of your cardboard box.
- Place dabs of paint at random on the paper.
- Put your marbles, ping pong balls, or whatever you’ve chosen into the box and tape it shut (you don’t have to do too much tape, but just enough to keep it closed while kiddo’s shake it.
- Turn on some tunes and have a shaker dance party. Let the kids shake their boxes like crazy.
- When the song is over, open your box to see the beautiful artwork.
- Once its dry, cut out shamrock shapes from the paper and use them for fancy decorations around the house or at school!
PIN FOR LATER