Summer is here! … well, it’s been here… but Cupcakes you guys! Delicious fresh strawberry cupcakes!
There is a farm about an hour away from me that opens during strawberry picking season and OMG so fun to field trip with the kiddos! I remember as a kid, my parents would take us all out to the strawberry farm where we’d pick out our own strawberrys and more than likely eat them straight off the vine. Yeah, I know pesticides and stuff, but I think I turned out okay. And I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t let kids out there with pesticides floating around and I’m not super messed up so I think it was okay. And dirt is good for your immune system. I think?!? Mudpie anyone?
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are some of my favorite things to bring to summer events whether they’re church cook outs, birthday parties or really anything that needs a dessert. And I’m guessing they’re good because there’s usually none left. I particularly love them because the flavor is not over powering. If you’re super obsessed lemon, you can make my Lemon Poppyseed Cakemix Cookies for a tart extravaganza!
Want to get really cute? Garnish with some paper straws and slices strawberries. Everyone will “Ooh” and “ahh” I promise!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup fresh strawberries
1/3 cup butter (Room Temp)
1/2 Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup Butter (Room Temp)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup strawberry puree
2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
Garnish with sliced strawberries and paper straws
1. Preheat oven 350
2. Puree and strain strawberries. This should yeild a little less than a cup. Use a strainer to get as many seeds out as you can. (No one likes seeds in their cake!) Set aside 1/4 c for frosting
3. In a large bowl, mix cake mix (break up any lumps), strawberry puree, butter, sour cream and eggs until smooth
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Make Frosting: Beat butter, vanilla and strawberry puree until smooth then slowly add in powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar if you need to thicken up the frosting.
6. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with a sliced strawberry and paper straws for a super adorable finish!