This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing from these links helps support this website (and my cupcake addiction).
Does anyone else have a hard time setting New Years Resolutions? I do. There’s the usual ones like lose weight, be healthy, exercise, whatever. But I feel like those are overdone and let’s be honest here… how many times have you actually kept your resolution?
So this year, I’m taking a different route to deciding my New Years Resolution by creating and having some sparkly fun with a New Years Resolution DIY Party Cracker. The best part is, all of your friends can get in on the fun during the NYE festivities.
New Years Resolution DIY Party Cracker
Cost: $10 or less for lots
Time: 10 minutes or less
Fun level: Glitter. Thats all you need to know.
1. Print and cut your printable resolutions. I saved these as a .doc file in case you want to add or change them.
2. Grab your empty toilet paper roll, because ya’ll know I save those things like a crazy person. If you want proof you can ask my roommate. Cut through the center of the toilet paper roll the entire way around, leaving 1/4 inch connected area.
2. Stuff a small amount of tissue paper in the sides of the roll to seal in the confetti.
3. Pour confetti into the insides of the cut paper roll. Place a folded up New Years Resolution strip in and very carefully set aside…. because glitter and confetti is the STD of the craft world and once that stuff spills, you’re never going to get it out.
4. Cut a 7.5″ x 10″ piece of tissue paper (I just took a big piece and cut it into 4ths) and gently place the confetti tube in the center. Gently and tightly roll the confetti roll up in the tissue paper.
5. Secure the edges with a lenght of ribbon. I used curling ribbon but didn’t curl it because I’m a rebel like that… or something.
6. Break over a friends head! Maybe? I dunno, just open it up and find out your New Years Resolution!