Highlight your brunch with these light these light and fluffy Mimosa Cupcakes! Bring these to a bridal shower and you’ll be the hit of the party!
Ya’ll… I can’t tell you how many of my friends posted about being pregnant or adopting or getting engaged or really, any number of big life moments over the holidays. Me? I’m just over here like, same crap different day. I mean, sure, I’m super happy for my friends and all the good stuff they have happening. I just feel like I’m in the middle of the beginning of another story – if that makes sense.
MAKE IT: Crochet Cactus Hat Pattern
I didn’t really do much new year planning this year. I’m maybe in the middle of it, but I did a lot of reflecting. 2018 was hard… and a bit of a dumpster fire if we’re all on the level. But I feel like I actually accomplished something and I need to give myself credit for that.
My goals for 2018 were to basically survive. At the beginning of the year I was working 3 jobs, trying to figure out my blog and going back to school for the first time in nearly 10 years. It was a rough start. Then, the week before my Winter semester finals… I came down with strep from one of the kiddos I watched at the time. If you’ve ever known me, that is the one disease I never, ever want to get. And of course, I had it. YAY
Over the course of the year, I had my ups and downs. Reflecting on it all, it had to happen that way. I learned a lot about myself. In giving myself credit for things, in letting things go. AND YES This is my pat on the back for finishing out the year with a 4.0 GPA. I have 4 classes left until I can apply for nursing school and then we’ll see where everything goes.
If you came here for cupcakes, this is probably where you should start.
Make it: DIY an Infinity Loom Knit Scarf
These cupcakes are delicate and light while being full of flavor and the delicious zing of orange. They are definitely reminiscent of a lazy sunday morning brunch with bottomless mimosas and french toast and so many neighbors and friends stopping by.
Mimosa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix
- 8 oz. (1 cup) champagne
- 1 cup butter - room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoon champagne
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Mix champagne and cake mix until thoroughly combined
- Fill cupcake liners to 2/3 full and bake as per the instructions on your box of cakemix.
- Cream the butter until smooth
- Add orange zest and 2 tbls orange juice. Mix until smooth
- Add 2 cups Powdered sugar and mix for about 3 minutes
- Add Champagne and mix until combined
- Mix the rest of the powdered sugar until you've got the consistency you like.
- If it is too thick, add more champagne!
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto your cupcakes