This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #FashionColorExpert #sponsored
Enhance your fall style with a rich and vibrant new shade and this simple Easy Metallic Leaf Hair Clip made from hot glue!
If you’ve been following me for any amount of time, you’ll know that I used to have really long, really curly hair – Think mermaid hair. I’ve always had iffy luck with hair dressers, so I’d let it go years without cutting it, and even then I’d do it myself. At least if I screwed it up it’d be my own fault. I still have really curly hair, but about 6 months ago, I chopped over a foot and a half off. It was super scary and also super free-ing. But I needed a change and to also save money on hair product, but that’s beside the point.
Fast forward to now and my hair is still pretty short and I needed another change. The seasons are changing and it’s not like I can cut even more of my hair off… well I could, but no. So since it’s fall, and as most people update their wardrobe, I’m updating my hair with a vibrant and fresh shade of Vintage Red (5.29) from Schwarzkopf Color Ultime; Hair color that defies fading for up to 9 weeks of color shine, and ya’ll know I love it when my hair shines!
Find out how you can try it free here!
Just a quick note, I’m not allergic to dyes, but I have friends that are so it’s ridiculously important to do a patch test and wear gloves!
Jump to the end of the post to see the process and before and after!
Easy Metallic Leaf Hair Clip
Hot Glue gun and sticks
Wax or baking paper
Metallic paint and sponge
To create this project, trace the shape of your leaf onto the baking paper.
Carefully with the hot glue, outline your leaf and fill in with whatever designs you like and allow to dry.
Once your hot glue is cooled – should only take about 10 minutes – apply metallic paint in a pouncing motion. You can also use spray paint if you’ve got it.
Allow your paint to dry and attach it to a hair clip or bobbypin with hot glue and pair with your shiny new hair color!
To me, having a great cut and color are the my favorite fall accessories. The best part, I dyed my hair at home with a box from the health and beauty – hair dye aisle at Walmart!
Update your hair color for fall with Schwarzkopf Color Ultime
- To test for allergies, follow the instructions for the ‘patch test’ beforehand.
- Put on your gloves!
- Carefully squeeze the entire contents of the color cream tube into the application bottle and shake it like a polaroid picture…. to make sure everything is completely mixed together.
- Apply as instructed and let it develop for the instructed time (mine was 30 minutes)
- After the hair color has had time to set, it’s time to rinse! Simply rinse out your hair in warm water until the water runs clear – I took that as an excuse to take an extra long shower.
- Use the conditioner as instructed and leave on for 2 minutes before rinsing.
- Blow dry, air dry, style it however you want and pin with your brand new metallic leaf hair clip!
After – this was a few days and 2 washes later. I think I’m in love!
You guys, how amazing is this color! I went with Vintage Red and even after a week, I am so in love. It is the perfect shade for the season without my having to seriously update my wardrobe. If you’re up for due for an update or just want something a little different, get thee to a Walmart and go for it!