This post contains affiliate links. Shopping from these links helps support this website and my addiction to cupcakes and craft supplies.
So, the story is that when we got our apartment it had (has?) a small half bathroom under the stairs. And my room mate at the time and I were so enamoured by this that we decided to make it a Harry Potter themed bathroom, because… why not? It’s like the cupboard under the stairs that Harry lived in until he started getting Hogwarts letters! Though…. not as dreary.
I would spend HOURS pinning pieces I’d like to add, or designs I liked, or anything that really struck my fancy. It’s been 3 years in this apartment and I’m finally getting my butt in gear to actually decorate this place as it has that “I bought this because it was cheap and served a function” vibe. In other words, it’s a little stark.
Here are the 18 pieces you need for the best Harry Potter Bathroom Experience ever. And let’s be honest… who doesn’t want to feel magical while they’re going potty? I know I do!
1. Practice your spell casting with a swish and FLICK… Okay wrong spell, but who wouldn’t want to flick on the lights with this amazing Lumos/Nox light switch?
2. Set the mood with a delicious smelling Wizard’s Pub candle from Anthology Candles. They also have a ton of different scents including some from your favorite Disneyland rides!
3. And while we’re talking about setting the mood, grab yourself one of these vintage votive holders. If you get a blue one, it’ll look like the Goblet of Fire… just don’t actually throw your name in, you might burn the house down.
4. If your hands (and body) needs a washing, try this super luxurious Goats Milk Soap straight out of the Prefects Bathroom.
5. Oh, you’re still imagining that Prefect’s Bathroom? Me too! Treat Yo’ Self with these cute mini-bubble baths in your favorite scent.
6. And when it comes time to dry yourself, grab your house colors and proceed to towel off.
7. Or if you’re just visiting (I see you muggle parents on parents day!) Grab one of these.
8. Manage your own Mischief with a Marauder’s Map shower curtain.
9. Or feel right at home in your house bathrooms with this Gryffindor one! (other houses are also available)
10. Make your own Mirror of Erised from DeliciousReads.com
11. Walls feeling a little bare? Hang up these awesome travel posters that will make you feel like you’re in a magical travel agent’s office!
12. Or support Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes with this ad print for U-No-Poo. It feels right at home in your Harry Potter Bathroom!
13. Or make your own DIY art with this project from ShesCraftyCrafty.com
14. Open the Chamber of Secrets (Or just scare the stew out of your mother) with a simple DIY from ProfMcGonagal101213.
15. Some ring dishes for when you need a place to keep your time turners and remembralls.
16. In case you forgot how to get to the Ministry of Magic, you can add a sweet vinyl sticker to your toilet. Use as transportation at your own risk.
17. Mimic the Ceiling of the Great Hall and have a super magical late night potty time with some Realistic Glow Stars.