Use your left over Christmas ornaments to make this gorgeous DIY Valentines Ornament Wreath! Stay festive!
Yep you guys, I went there. So, here’s the deal. I was not in the best of places mentally in December so I missed out on a lot of the crafting that I would probably have been doing. Add all of that to the idea that I made all of my Christmas presents and stuff for my home just didn’t get done.
On the plus side, I finally got my own Christmas tree, so that’s good right!?!
So, saw these ornament wreaths all over this holiday and I’ve always wanted to make one but never did for 2 reasons. 1 – I had like no time during the holidays and 2. Ornaments are not cheap yo!
Solution? Make a Heart Wreath during valentines with ornaments that I got on discount! I gotta say, I’m super stoked about this thing and was so excited to put it on our door as soon as it was finished.
DIY Valentines Ornament Wreath
Cost: $15 depending on what you have on hand
Time: 2 Hours or less
Crafty level: 10! but can totally be a beginner craft
1. Secure one end of the tinsel garland to the bottom of the wreath frame with hot glue and gently wrap it around the wreath frame. I used two pieces of left over pink Christmas garland, so one for each half.
2. Place and tie your ribbon for hanging. This is something I wish I had done before I started the wreath but live and learn! You can also use a coat hanger or anything you really like.
3. Start adding ornaments from the bottom up. If you’re using glass ornaments, take the tops off, but since I was using shatterproof ornaments, that wasn’t possible. And that’s okay! Use the hot glue to place your ornament where you want it. I placed glue on the tops and sides. I started from the bottom of the heart and built upwards and outwards as I was able.
Layer them throughout the wreath, just make sure that the tops are facing down so they’re invisible on the finished wreath. Use more hot glue to secure ornaments to eachother for a more secure wreath.
I placed some ornaments in the top center of the heart to keep the shape the way I wanted it as well.
4. Let everything sit for about 10 minutes before hanging – just to make sure things settle and all of the glue is cold.
5. Hang and display your DIY Valentines Ornament Wreath and your awesome craft prowess!!