Fall is upon us you guys… well, not quite yet. In Southern California, we’re still having 100 degree days so it doesn’t necessarily feel like fall. Considering it’s my favorite season, I decided that I’m going to go ahead and get into the spirit anyway.
What do you do to get into the season? Is it watching certain movies? Getting a pumpkin spice latte. Mine is a mix of all of that but mostly, I like my apartment to really feel like fall. The first thing I do is light a candle of my favorite fall scents, Cider House Ghouls from Simon and Duffy Candles. It smells like mulled cider and magic! If you’re local to LA, you’ve probably seen them at a crafts fair and found all of their wonderful fandom scents intriguing. If you’re not, you’ll probably fall in love with the pure magic that happens when you light them.
So yeah, I light a wonderfully scented candle, turn on Practical Magic and start some Fall DIY decorating! I feel like once my house is decorated there’s at least one place in this super hot weather that feels like fall.
If you’re trying to get in the spirit, here are 12 Simple Fall DIY Projects to Decorate Your Home.
1. Start with a wreath. If you’re a book nerd like me, this Fall DIY Paper Leaf Wreath from Nalie’s House makes your heart both happy and sad. Happy because it looks amazing and sad because you probably destroyed a book while doing so. Best case scenario? Grab a trashy romance novel from the thrift store.
2. If you’re looking for something a little less scissor intensive, this simple dyed coffee filter fall wreath rocks my socks and makes a beautiful statement. I love that you can switch out the colors for the seasons if you like the style.
3. Remember that trashy romance novel I told you to grab? Keep using the pages to make these fun Mod Podge Book Page Pumpkins from Creative Green Living.
4. And speaking of pumpkins, how cute are these Wood Slice Painted Pumpkins from A Night Owl!
5. Ya’ll know I love the sparkle (pardon my random southern lady coming out) so some glitter glittered feathers may be in order. Make Life Lovely used them for place settings!
6. Fall is all about the snuggle, so embroider your own blanket with your favorite quote or song lyric.
7. And of course you’ll need a basket for to hold your snuggle blankets. I am in love with this Metallic Rope Throw Basket and it looks like a useful weekend project.
8. What’s that? You need a pillow to snuggle with? Heather over at Craft and Tell has you covered with her “Let’s Snuggle” pillow.
9. And of course you don’t want to miss out on all of the wonderful candy fall has to offer! Keep it available in one of these adorable Color Block Pumpkin Candy Dishes from AKailoChicLife.com
10. While you’re setting up the table, you can create this super simple centerpiece from Sarah Hearts with some branches and Washi Tape!
11. Add some leaf printed cloth napkins and your table is ready for a feast (well, if you add dishes and food of course)
13. And it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t include one insanely fandom piece. Check out this amazing Hobbiton Terrarium! I don’t know why, but I always watch The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in the fall so this is a fun way to bring that in.
What are your favorite fall projects?