In the mood for an adult version of the shamrock shake? This recipe is for you! Go a step further and stack up a freakshake with all your favorite treats!
This post may contain affiliate links, that means I make a few pennies if you purchase through my links….but the price for you stays the same!
Shamrock Shakes are back and I am one happy camper. Okay, maybe thats a lie… but I’m close! One of the many joys of being an adult is the addition of alcohol to otherwise normal foods. Like Cupcakes or coffee. Because YUM! So of course I had to present you with the wonders that is the boozy shamrock shake! Even better…. I made it into a freakshake!
This project is intended for makers ages 21+. If you are under the age of 21, please omit the alcohol.
I’m sure a lot of you are asking what exactly is a freakshake? Well… its kind of like a milkshake that’s been turned up to 11 or maybe 111. You know… somewhere in between. It’s where you take whatever drink you like and load it with all the tastiness of foods that compliment it. And let me tell you, it is a total feast for the eyes and the stomache. Just make sure to share with a friend because you’ll both be in a sugar coma after eating one.
Boozy Shamrock Shake Freakshake
Time: 15 Minutes
Cost: $15-20 – makes a lot
Adult meter: 5 – it’s like adult meets inner child?
- 2 C Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 oz Vanilla vodka
- 1 oz Creme de Menthe
- 3/4 c Milk
- Place ice cream, vodka, creme de menthe and milk into a blender. Blend on low until you have a thick creamy consistency.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with whipped cream and a cherry... or turn it into a freakshake!
To create a Freakshake, start by grabbing all of your favorite things. Like cupcakes, brownies, all things sugar. You know the drill. Since this is a Shamrock Shake freakshake, you’ll want to grab things that go well with the mint flavor. You can also make this St. Patrick’s themed by adding some lucky charms and fun rainbow swizzle sticks…. because more is more you know! Once you’ve decided what you want on it and gotten all of the items together, the freakshake is super easy!
- Swirl your empty glass with chocolate syrup.
- Fill with boozy shamrock shake
- Top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Use small candies to create a base. I used mint sixletts!
- Start with the larger items to artfully stack your items to make a crazy awesome shake. Using the pocky as a skewer, I layered brownie bites and ice cream for a fun brownie kabob! Then I added an entire donut, rainbow swizzle sticks, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles and Lucky Charms.
Sound crazy? Yep! Sound delicious? You bet! Experiment and see what else you can add or how high you can stack your shamrock shake freakshake! Share it with friends for a ridiculously awesome St. Patrick’s Day party!
Are you in love yet? On sugar overload? If you love “grown up” boozy shamrock shakes and freakshakes, don’t forget to pin this to your sweets or St. Patricks Day board.