This post contains affiliate links. Shopping from these links helps support this website and my addiction to cupcakes and craft supplies.
I’m sure I have told you guys about my obsession with Unicorns recently, but if I haven’t… sometimes I think I’m going to quit life to go be a Unicorn. Adulting is just too hard.
Okay, so I may not be able to grow a tail (and a horn and extra legs and full body hair) and prance off into the sunset, but I CAN make a shirt that displays my love for them. Right? Okay good. When I made this spray paint shirt I only had it in child size so one of the kiddos is getting it… because I like to give back okay?
Time: 30 minutes + dry time
Cost: $15 or less
Cuteness level: 1202734 (j\k I made that number up)
DIY Unicorn Spray Paint Shirt
Tulip Spray Paints (You can use them again for some really cool splatter paint cards)
Printer (or a trip to Fedex Office)
Scissors or an Exacto Knife
This Unicorn Silhouette
1. Lay your shirt out flat. Strategially twist different sections of the shirt then spray your paint over these twists. It’ll give you a cool tye diy effect.
2. Print and cut out your unicorn shape on Freezer Paper
There are a few ways you can do this. The easiest way is to tape your freezer paper to a regular sheet of paper (shiny side down) and print on that. Then you can use your scissors or Exacto knife to cut it out.
The other option is to print the unicorn out on regular paper then trace it on to freezer paper and cut it out or slice it with your exacto knife. I prefer the first method, but totally used the second when I didn’t have a printer.
3. After your first layer of spray paint is dry, iron your freezer paper unicorn (shiny side down) onto the shirt where you want it.
4. Using a darker color spray paint (I used black and/or blue), spray directly on and around the unicorn. Let dry
5. When it’s done drying, simply peel off the unicorn cut out to reveal your masterpiece!
6. Be magical all day long!