Get into the fall spirit with these delicious and decadent Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes! Sure to be a crowd pleaser for all the pumpkin spice lovers!
Okay, so fall is here and I am fully embracing my basic-ness. We just got through a heatwave in LA – which I am not proud to say I complained the entire time – and the weather has been dropping to mid-70’s most days. Now, I’m not going to say this is perfect weather for boots and sweaters but I am hauling them out… because it never hurts to be prepared.
Speaking of hauling out the fall clothes, I kinda got rid of a lot of mine when I tried to be a minimalist earlier this spring. I say try because Kon Mari never mentions being a blogger and/or babysitter and actually needing an over abundance of craft supplies. I got as far as getting rid of clothes and a few old craft supplies. If you’re a blogger or mom or teacher, you totally understand that you’re just going to end up buying more craft supplies so it’s this really vicious cycle.
Anyway! Back to when I tried to Kon Mari last spring. I basically got rid of all of my pants, boots that I hadn’t worn in a while, some sweaters, and generally all things fall. Now that it’s time to pull those things out? I’m down to a Star Wars sweater and my Union Suit collection. It’s rough guys. I know I should look at this as an opportunity to go shopping, but when you’re a plus size lady on a budget options are limited. If you’ve got suggestions PLEASE leave them in the comments! Have you ever gotten rid of things then realized it was probably not a good idea?
Needless to day, I needed a cupcake when I realized how much adulting I had to do, and what better way to kick off the season than some Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes! This recipe is one of my favorites to pull out during the season and is always a crowd pleaser at work parties!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Can (15 oz) Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. strong coffee - 1/4 C. Hot water and 4 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4-5 C. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and place your cupcake liners.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until full incorporated
- Fill liners 2/3 full - I use a large ice cream scoop for even cupcakes every time - and bake for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Beat butter and cream cheese. Add cinnamon and vanilla extract. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add 1 Tbsp. milk if gets too thick.
- You can either top using a piping bag and star tip OR use a medium ice cream scoop then smooth out with a spatula dipped in water.
Totally feeling this recipe? Please PIN it to your FALL or Cupcakes boards to find it later!