Did you guys know there were actual rules to the kootie game? And actual instructions on how to play? I just always thought it was a twisted buggy version of Mr. Potato Head. I’m pretty sure my mom would just take that game out to keep us busy trading parts and makng funny characters. (both Kooties and Mr. Potato Head) Well, the more you know.
Anyway! I’m a bit in love with this project. Seriously. It started when two of my girls each asked for a DIY Emoji Pillow. Both with different expressions. They looked pretty easy, so I figured I’d give it a try. Well, instead of creating just two looks, I ended up creating a pretty fun busy bag that the girls absolutely adore so I’ve added it as a staple to my Babysitting bag. What are your favorite busy activities for the kiddos?
DIY Emoji Pillow Busy Bag
Time: 30 Minutes or Less
Cost: Under $15
1/2 Yd. Yellow Felt
1 sheet each red, white, black, pink felt
Hot Glue Gun
Batting or fiber fill
Sharpie and/or Chalk
Large Dinner Plate
1. Fold your felt in half and lay on a flat surface. Using your plate as a guide, cut around it with your rotary cutter.
2. With the hot glue gun, glue both sides of the felt together leaving about 2 inches open.
3. Stuff with fiber fill! You’re going to want it pretty full but leave some space to glue the open edges together and set aside.
4. Using chalk or a sharpie draw your emoji elements onto your felt pieces. Red for lips and hearts, pink for flowers and more tongue, white for eyes and teeth, black for mouths and eyebrows.
5. Cut out emoji elements and let your imagination run wild! My favorite thing to do is to give the kids an emoji to recreate on my phone or a feeling to express because you know… teaching tools.
This is awesome! You could even add some velcro to the face and to the pieces to keep works of art around for awhile 🙂
-Clarissa @ The View From HereJuly 28, 2016 at 1:41 pm